General Meeting Minutes for 1965
A General Meeting of the British Mathematical Colloquium was held in the Tower Building, Queen's College, Dundee at 2 p.m. on Thursday, 8th April 1965.
Professor W N Everitt was in the chair.
- The minutes of the General Meeting held at the University of Leicester in 1964 were read and approved.
- The Chairman welcomed the guest speakers, Prof. C Chevalley and Prof. P R Halmos, and other members from overseas.
- The accounts of the 16th Colloquium, held in 1964, were approved.
- Dr J G Clunie invited the Colloquium to hold its next meeting at Imperial College, London, from 27th March to 2nd April 1966. The invitation was received "with acclamation".
- The following retired from the Committee:-
Prof J F Adams, Prof P D Barry, Prof W N Everitt, Prof A W Goldie. Prof R L Goodstein, Prof P B Kennedy, Prof P R Keogh, Prof C J Tranter, Dr S Wylie.
The following were elected to the Committee:-
Prof F F Bonsall, Dr J G Clunie, Dr D B A Epstein, Dr V W D Hale, Prof E M Paterson, Mr J E Reeve, Prof G E H Reuter, Dr J A Todd, Prof J D Weston.
- It was announced that the Committee would meet at 9 p.m. in Belmont Hall.
- Announcements were made of the Joint meeting of the Edinburgh and London Mathematical Societies in Edinburgh on 10th April and of the Instructional Conference in Algebraic Number Theory at the University of Sussex in September 1965.
- Prof Erdelyi thanked the University of St Andrews, Queens College, its Master and Council, and those involved in arranging the Colloquium. The Chairman undertook to convey the Colloquium's thanks to the appropriate quarter.
Minutes signed by James Clunie (undated).