General Meeting Minutes for 1975
A General Meeting of the British Mathematical Colloquium was held in the Curtis Auditorium of the Physics Building, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, at 2.15 p.m. on Thursday, 10th April, 1975.
Professor B E Johnson was in the chair.
- The Chairman welcomed the guest speakers, Prof E Bombieri, Prof P Cartier and Prof F Hirzebruch; and also Prof P Erdös as a distinguished visitor to the Colloquium.
- The minutes of the General Meeting at the University of Sussex were read and approved.
- The accounts of the 26th Colloquium were approved. The Chairman mentioned that funds had benefited from an anonymous donation by a Colloquium member of £45 and a grant from The British Council of £135 towards the expenses of the guest speakers.
- On behalf of the University of Lancaster, Dr G J O Jameson invited the 1978 Colloquium to Lancaster. The probable dates would be 3rd - 7th April. The invitation was accepted with acclamation.
- The following retired from the Committee:
Prof J F Adams, Prof G R Allan, Dr P Bacsich, Dr N H Bingham, Dr G Brown, Dr F B Coghlan, Prof W Ledermann, Prof R A Rankin, Dr R J Wilson.
The following were elected to serve on the Committee:
Prof M F Atiyah, Dr T S Blyth, Prof R F Churchhouse, Dr G J O Jameson, Mr P A Rado, Dr N Ray, Dr E Rees, Mr J E Reeve, Prof R L E Schwarzenberger.
- It was announced that the Committee would meet at 8.00 p.m. in the Party Room of Freemen's Hall.
- Prof D B Scott proposed a vote of thanks to the Chairman, Joint Secretaries and others who had helped in the organisation of the Colloquium.
Minutes signed by Alun O Morris (undated).