References for Samuel Haughton
Version for printing
- D E Cartwright, Tides: A Scientific History (Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 2000).
- P J Bowler, Charles Darwin and his Dublin critics: Samuel Haughton and William Henry Harvey, Proceedings of the Royal Irish Academy 109C (2009), 409-420.
- Carlow Town, in PIGOT and Co.'s Provincial Directory of 1824.
- D J Cunningham, Samuel Haughton (1821-1897), Proc. Roy. Soc. London 62 (1897-98), 28-37.
- M DeArce, The parallel lives of Joseph Allen Galbraith (1818-90) and Samuel Haughton (1821-97): religion, friendship, scholarship and politics in Victorian Ireland, Proceedings of the Royal Irish Academy 112C (2011), 1-27.
- Haughton, Samuel, Encyclopaedia Britannica (1911).
- W J E Jessop, Samuel Haughton, a Victorian polymath, Hermathena 116 (1973), 5-26á
- Mary, Halloween: Samuel Haughton's 'humane hanging', Ingenious Ireland (31 October 2012).
- N D McMillan, Samuel Haughton, in M McCartney and A Whitaker, Physicists of Ireland: Passion and Precision (CRC Press, 2003), 106-115.
- N D McMillan, Revd. Samuel Haughton and the age of the earth controversy, in J Nudds, N McMillan, D Weaire, and S M Lawlor (eds.), Science in Ireland, 1800-1930: tradition and reform (1988), 151-162.
- N D MacMillan, The Rev. Samuel Haughton, a man of great erudition and a determined opponent of the theory of evolution Part I, Carloviana (1980), 12-14.
- N D MacMillan, The Rev. Samuel Haughton, a man of great erudition and a determined opponent of the theory of evolution Part II, Carloviana (1981), 10-13.
- A C O'Sullivan, Haughton man of science, in Sidney Lee (ed.), Oxford dictionary of national biography 22 (London, 1909), 823-825.
- P J Prendergast and T C Lee, On a wing and a prayer: the biomechanics of the Rev Dr Samuel Haughton (1821-1897), J. Irish College Physicians Surgeons 28 (1) (1999), 38-43.
- Rev Samuel Haughton, M.D., D.C.L., LL.D, British Medical J. 1923 (2) (1897), 1376-1377.
- A Rodger, Samuel Haughton (1821-1897), J. Med. Eng. Technol. 17 (5) (1993), 168-170.
- Samuel Haughton. December 21, 1821 - October 31, 1897, Carlow County - Ireland Genealogical Projects.
- Samuel Haughton, in Grace's Guide to British Industrial History.
- Shearman's Directory New Commercial Directory for the Town Carlow.
- D Spearman, Haughton, Samuel (1821-1897), Oxford Dictionary of National Biography (Oxford University Press, 2004).
- D Spearman, Samuel Haughton, (1821-1897), Proceedings of the Royal Irish Academy (3) 4 (1898), 283-287.
- D Spearman, Samuel Haughton, in C Mollan, W Davis, and B Finucane (eds.), More people and places in Irish science and technology (1990), 36-37.
JOC/EFR February 2016
The URL of this page is: